Medical Massage is result oriented and the treatment specific to resolve conditions as diagnosed and prescribed by a Physician. The massage therapist may use a variety of modalities or procedures during the treatment, but will focus the Medical Massage treatment only on the areas of the body related to the diagnosis and prescription.
Below is a list of many of the benefits of Medical Massage Therapy...
- releases tight and sore muscles to will increase blood supply to soft tissues
- helps relieve nerve compression or entrapment
- deactivates myofascial trigger points
- decreases pain and inflammation
- alleviates stress and improves circulation
- aids in digestion
- increases flexibility and range of motion
- calms the nervous system
- improves posture and coordination
- helps to prevent future chronic pain conditions by effectively dealing with the cause of the problem and eliminating it
- is cost effective treatment